Friday, March 7, 2014

WALTER GLENN

Seven Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Still in College

From:
http://lifehacker.com/seven-things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-was-still-in-college-1538265078




College is more than job training. It's your chance to explore, make friends, and grow as a person. Unfortunately, college is also more expensive than it's ever been, so you have to balance your exploration with some hard-nosed practicality. Here are some things we wish we knew while we were still in college.

I went to college nearly twenty years ago and, even though I'm not exactly working in a field related to my major, I still count it as one of the most valuable experiences of my life. In addition to thinking about what I wish I had known back then, I talked to a bunch of people when I was prepping this article: the Lifehacker staff, some old friends from college, some people in college right now, and some people who are college bound in the next year or so. I also read what a lot of you had to say on the subject. Here are the things that most people agreed on: http://lifehacker.com/seven-things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-was-still-in-college-1538265078.

2 comments:

  1. Focus More on Learning than Grades : Like I was saying before I believe I was correct and this article basically says it as well ,that you need to balance your GPA and your learning at the same time . You need to do both , at this point no one knows where they will be going to work at and you may end up at a job that looks at both your Certifications and your grades that were made in school to see just how well you participated in class and how well you work with others and what your listening level is or was. Your grades does say alot about who you are and what you are willing to do to achieve the best life or a job has to offer. It sorta all goes hand in hand. Like if someone has had many jobs versus one job for many years . If you have had many jobs ,employers have issues with that because they want to know why and whay was the reason . Is someone not stable enough to stay for the long haul ? DO they run if the work gets tough ? There are many advantages to having a balance to both of the circumstances .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia College School of Business and Health is not just any college it is an experience. This is a school where you can totally focus on your career and not just your grades. You will make the grade just as long as you attend class. You can get to know your instructor here which you should take advantage of because most college instructors can care less about getting to know you or you getting to know them. The Instructors here at Virginia College School of Business and Health are really easy to talk to and friendly. The whole college experience here has been really great.

    ReplyDelete